Thursday 15 August 2013

Autumnal hat

I finished knitting this months ago, in preparation for autumn.  Now, Scotland being Scotland, I've actually had quite a lot of use out of it over the summer.  It's a pattern called Oaked by Alicia Plummer and it covers all sizes from small baby right through to adult.  It would be so cute knitted up for a baby!

091

089

Regular readers of Second Fiddle may recall the first attempt I made of this pattern, which ended up a bit of a disaster because the basic maths of 'compare the yardage requirement of the pattern to that of the ball of yarn' failed me somewhat, meaning I got about two thirds of the way through before I ran out of wool.  Epic fail.  It was a super nice Debbie Bliss alpaca silk as well (thrifted, naturally).  I'm saving it for a future baby project, several of my friends are creating sprogs at the moment so I know it'll get used at some point in the future.

024

025

This is a great pattern though, simple enough to do whilst watching TV (hello, Mindy Project on catch up) but complicated enough to keep your interest and push yourself slightly.  The lovely blue yarn was something I was given when I did a rather dodgy craft course in Glasgow a while back.  I love the colour, it goes with so many of the clothes in my wardrobe!   

Oh, in case anyone's wondering, the photos of me were taken back in May.  That's right, May.  Check out that fog and damp.  Still, at least I've got a cute hate to wear, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment