Friday 10 January 2014

Work in progress

Happy New Year everybuddy!  Hope everyone had a lovely festive season.  I'm back to work now but secretly quite enjoying being back to a normal routine after all the festive over-indulgence.  I've got lots of exciting crafting plans for 2014 as well so keen to get cracking!

I finished my Owls sweater by Kate Davies over the holidays.  Although the owls part is interesting, knitting the sleeves and body are pretty boring (especially the third time round!) so it was nice to be able to plough through dozens of rows of stocking stitch whilst chatting with my Mum over a gin.  I tried to photograph it today but it was too dark and gloomy to get good photos so I had to abandon that plan and go with works in progress instead!

038

I'm in the middle of making a belated Christmas present for my cousin out of some stash yarn.  It's going to be a cushion, using Blooming Granny crochet square pattern.  I'm going to back the roses on green felt I think and chose some contrasting fabric for the back, before stuffing it and sewing it up.  She's got a dog and 2 cats so it needs to be hard wearing!

040

I was given this amazing little bundle of craft by Victoria for Christmas.  The wool is a gorgeous Studio Donegal yarn and the magazine is Pompom quarterly (love that name!).  I'm knitting a hat for myself with cables from Pompom, it suggests a Toft alpaca bobble for the top which I just may splash out on because it would be the most adorable thing EVER.  Though may look sad once it got wet in the rain...hmm...

Other craft plans for this year:

  • Finally finish the box I rescued from the bin.  The base is still grubby pink and needs painting white to match the lid
  • Finally finish the New House Blanket.  The one I was making 2 years ago when we were planning on moving house.  Never did move, never finished the blanket.  Figures :/
  • Attempt to start from scratch with sewing clothes.  I'm still in a sewing funk after my pre-Christmas failures so I'm leaving this one for a while.  But I do plan to come back to it soon!  You can read more about my clothes sewing plans over here but they include more Sorbettos, more refashions and I'd like to attempt some Clover trousers.  And a Hollyburn.  So many projects, so little time...
  • Stash bust!  I was pretty good with this in 2013, making several things from stash fabric but I need to carry on this trend before my stash implodes under it's own weight.  
Can't wait to read all about your 2014 craft plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment