Thursday 20 November 2014

#secondhandfirst - days 3 and 4

I was out last night so here is day 3 and 4 together of Traid's #secondhandfirst week.  This week is really making me realise how much use I get out of this green cardigan!  I was actually wearing it today but took the photos then realised I would be posting pictures of me wearing it three days in a row...might look a tad unhygienic...I do wash, honest guys!

skirt

Day 3 - thrifted tweed skirt in lovely autumnal colours.  This was another £15 for the skirt and jacket, from the same shop as day 2's skirt.  Unfortunately I don't have a before photo for this one, but imagine exactly the same skirt but about 3 inches longer, so hitting just below the knee = super unflattering.  It's amazing how such a tiny alteration can make such a big difference to the wearability of a piece of clothing.  Again, the same green thrifted cardigan, clearly I need to thrift more cardis to add to my wardrobe.

Shirt


Day 4 - it was super chilly today so I went with trousers and a sleeveless shirt, with the ubiquitous cardi over the top.  You can see the before photo for this shirt over on the original blog post here.  I love the colours of this shirt but next time I need to do better maths for calculating the size of the armholes, they're huge and you can totally see side-boob if I don't wear a vest underneath!  Not ideal for work.  I could have definitely taken this in another inch or so on either side now - the photo makes it look pretty shapeless though I swear it doesn't look that bad in real life.  It is definitely too big though but for work, under a scrub top, it looks absolutely fine.  I've got more ex-Andrew shirts to alter so practice will make perfect hopefully!

2 comments:

  1. Some great secondhand clothes, you have done really well with the alterations too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's been a great week to be a part of!

    ReplyDelete